Aa Anglican Church Eastborne,

AA Anglican Church Eastborne
b:
d:
Biography
Evening Post 16 May 1909
NEW CHURCH AT EASTBOURNE
OPENED ON SATURDAY.
On Saturday afternoon the new Anglican Church at Eastbourne was opened by Rev. Joshua Jones. Despite the exceedingly unpropitious weather there was a large attendance at the ceremony. At 3.30 a procession entered the building. The choir followed, then the clergy, and finally the vicar (Rev. J. Jones).
The service was the ordinary evening liturgy, with the addition of some prayers suitable to the occasion. Three special psalms were given. The service was taken by the Rev. W. Fancourt (St. Hilda''s, Island Bay), Rev. G. P. Davys (St. Peter''s, Wellington), Rev. J. D. Russell (St. Augustine''s, Petone), and the Rev. J. Sykes (Upper Hutt). The vicar, in an address, traced the development of the church in Eastbourne and in the Hutt district generally. A year ago hardly more than a dozen worshippers met in the schoolroom for worship. To-day the congregation numbered between forty and fifty. Mr. Shortt officiated at the organ. After the ceremony the visitors were entertained at tea at Mr. Fraser Shortt''s house.
The church is of Gothic design, and constructed of camerated concrete walls, rough cast, with an asbestos slated roof. Inside, the structural timbers are of oiled jarrah, while the furniture is of specially selected red pine. Mr. F. de J. Clere is the architect, and Mr. W. H. Nimmo the general contractor.
Ancestors
   
?
 
 
?
  
  
  
?
 
  
 
  
?
 
 
?
  
  
  
?
 
Family Group Sheet - Child
PARENT (U) ?
Birth
Death
Father?
Mother?
PARENT (U) ?
Birth
Death
Father?
Mother?
CHILDREN
MAA Anglican Church Eastborne
Birth
Death